


I am happier with the above models. I wanted to portray a stricter and more geometrical decay. Originally I though that a separate theatre structure would need to be inserted in. However, I don't see why the exsisting floors of the mill, which have been cut, cannot provide the material of the theatre.
Photos 1 & 2 show such a structure being inserted in. Photo 3 shows that lack of the structure. The floors fan out with height meaning people could get a good view of the stage/performance area. However, why does a theatre have to be directed towards a point on the lowest point? I wanted to explore this, as well as trying to for-fill my brief of a new-type of architecture in the next model. I also thought that the symmetrical geometries of the floors does remind me of tacky Dubai-hotel architecture which has sprung up in the last decade.
DEX Images finished in Photoshop
No comments:
Post a Comment